The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press promises a lot, offering to serve as a robust solution to many beginning business needs for a newcomer to the dye-sublimation industry. The heat press offers a wide range of options, including a more traditional flat heat platen, as well as alternative sublimation methods, such as a mug platen, a hat platen, and two variants on a plate platen. The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press promises to deliver ideal results for T-Shirts, hats, caps, mugs, cups, and plates. An industrial-grade and sturdy design drive home the quality that the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press offers and guarantees you a consistently high quality heat press for just about any dye-sublimation need.
Table of contents
- The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press Overview
- The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press Features and Capabilities
- What’s in the box?
- How to use the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press
- The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press vs other Heat Presses
- Alternative Heat Press Brands
- How do consumers and users feel about the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press?
- Our Concluding Thoughts about the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press Overview
On top of this, the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press comes with a 360-degree rotation and professional swing away design, a 1200 W powered heating element for quick warm-up times and a high temperature range, and an easy-to-use digital LED controller to quickly and easily set-up the machine for your needs! The capabilities of the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press offer a solution to a ton of needs for any newcomer to a dye-sublimation business. In this review, we’ll focus on these capabilities and how the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press compares to other heat presses as well as how it compares to alternative solutions.
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press Features and Capabilities
- 360-degree rotation and swing away design for ease of use
- LED Temperature and Time controller to adjust your settings for every press
- Adjustable pressure knob to dial in the pressure for the best results
- 12″ x 15″ Flat Heat Platen for pressing t-shirts, sweatshirts, and much more
- 6″ x 3″ Curved Heat Platen for pressing hats and caps
- 3″ – 3.5″ Diameter Rounded Heat Platen for pressing mugs and cups (11 oz)
- 5″ Max Diameter Plate Heat Platen for pressing plates
- 6″ Max Diameter Plate Heat Platen for pressing plates
- 13.5″ – 17″ Adjustable Height for easy use
- Aluminum industry-grade and sturdy body design for a high quality build
What’s in the box?
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press comes with the following accessories in the box:
- Fully assembled machine with 12″ x 15″ flat platen press
- 6″ x 3″ curved hat platen press
- 3″ – 3.5″ diameter rounded mug platen press
- 5″ max diameter plate platen press
- 6″ max diameter plate platen press
- Silicon pad to protect body while pressing
- Cotton pad to protect body while pressing
- User-manual to help you get setup with the heat press
Please note that the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press doesn’t come with the following:
Remember that the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press comes only with the equipment necessary to press, and does not come with any test materials or test substrates. You will have to order your desired substrates and print your own designs in order to get started with the heat press.
How to use the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press
Getting started with the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press is extremely quick and easy. Before you get started, you’ll have to make sure you have your desired substrate and designs are ready-to-go. Once you have your desired template and substrate, you can setup your F2C Combo Heat Press to get started! Make sure that your design template and desired material fits within the designated size range of the heat press. For example, if you are looking to press a design that exceeds a 12″ x 15″ area, you won’t be able to use the flat heat platen press to press your design.
Once you are ready with your design and substrate, you can get started with setting up the heat press. The heated platen screws on to the 360-degree rotation swing-away arm. You can easily unscrew and swap out the flat heat platen that the device comes packaged with for any of the alternative platens available. Please note that the flat, sturdy base will slide away. For the flat, t-shirt heat platen, the plate platen, and the mug/cup platen, you will need to keep the flat aluminum support in place. The aluminum support provides the sturdy, heat-resistant base for your pressing. When you are pressing with the hat/cap press, you will need to detach and slide away the flat base for the hat/cap base.
Once you attach the proper base and heat platen pair needed for your desired substrate, you can dial in your preferred press settings using the LED digital controller. Using the Up/Down arrows on the digital LED controller, you can dial in your preferred time and temperature. Once you’ve set-up your preferred settings, press the Set button to lock in your settings for your press.
Once you get your time and temperature control dialed in, you’ll want to dial in your preferred pressure settings. Please note that the way you dial in pressure will depend on the type of heat platen you are choosing to use. For the flat platens, you can use the pressure knob on the top of the 360-degree swing away arm to dial in your pressure. For the non-standard heat platens, such as the mug/cup platen, you’ll have to more carefully dial in the pressure using the platen itself. In general, when pressing for dye-sublimation prints, you’ll have to dial in the pressure over time. Since an adjustable pressure knob doesn’t give you quantitative information on the exact pressure being applied, you’ll have to dial in the pressure, then test to make sure your pressure is giving you the best results possible.
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press vs other Heat Presses
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press is very comparable to other, more traditional and standard heat presses available to you. I mean, they are both different versions of a common heat press!
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press has a lot of obvious advantages over other, alternative heat presses. Namely, the F2C Pro 5 in 1 comes with a wide range of dye-sublimation heat platens, allowing you to print and press using a wider range of substrates. Normally, you would just get a flat heat platen, or a heat platen shaped to whatever substrate is needed. However, with the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press, you can easily adjust and switch between several basic heat platen designs.
For the same reason, other heat presses may have a lot of advantages over the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press. Namely, since the F2C 5 in 1 has a high level of adjustability, it isn’t as specific to any one particular type of dye-sublimation pressing. An alternative heat press may offer a specific size or capability that may be better when specifically applied to the specified substrate. Take, for example, a T-Shirt or Sweatshirt design you are looking to use. If the design you want to put onto a t-shirt or sweatshirt exceeds the flat heat platen dimensions of 12″ x 15″, then you won’t be able to use that design if you are using the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press. You’ll have to use a heat press that accommodates the design size or substrate size that you are looking to use.
Another major limitation of the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press is it’s restricted temperature range when compared with other heat presses. With a temperature range of 32 – 430 degrees Fahrenheit (0 – 250 degrees Centigrade), you may be limited in the types of substrates that you can use. This temperature range should be capable of pressing most sublimation inks and substrates, however if you are looking to use a substrate that may be non-standard, you may need to check with your supplier or manufacturer before purchasing the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press in order to make sure that you will be able to press onto your substrate.
Alternative Heat Press Brands
- Tusy. See our detailed review of the Tusy product line here.
- Fancierstudio. See our detailed review of their flagship product Fancierstudio Power Heat Press 15×15 here.
Both Tusy and Fancierstudio are direct competitors to the F2C Pro. Check them out – you may discover that they are a better fit for your business or hobby than the F2C Pro.
How do consumers and users feel about the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press?
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press is a well-reviewed heat press that is currently one of the best selling heat presses readily available on Amazon. The F2C boasts an impressive 4.1 star rating on over 100 reviews, and consistently ranks with the bestsellers in the Heat Press category on Amazon. At a current price of $139 (note that as of writing this, it is currently on sale), the F2C heat press is able to deliver on its promises!
Many people praise the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press for it’s sturdy design, ease-of-use, and long lasting quality. One reviewer on Amazon even updated her review nearly one year after owning and using the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Heat Press to comment that the heat press is still working as consistently and effectively as when she first got it. Many other reviewers comment on the high quality of customer service brought to them by the F2C brand, meaning any issues you do run into can be resolved by their customer service.
However, there are some complaints and issues raised by reviewers on Amazon about the F2C and it’s long lasting use. Some people have experienced issues with a blown fuse, or a blown heating element when first using the machine. These issues are popping up at lower temperatures, even as low as 300 degrees Fahrenheit. While these issues may be isolated to a select set of users, it may be worth noting the potential for problems before purchasing. It is worth noting that between the F2C customer service, as well as Amazon’s own customer service, you should be able to rest knowing that you are protected should you have any issues with your machine.
- 5 in 1 Design allows you to quickly switch between a wide range of different substrates to really expand upon your business offerings
- 360-Degree Swing Away Arm helps you easily work with and use the F2C Pro Combo Heat Press
- An adjustable pressure knob and digital LED controller allows you to easily enter in and lock in your preferred print settings
- Industrial-grade, sturdy aluminum build means a long lasting and quality product for you
- Highly reviewed and praised by Amazon reviewers means that you can rest assured that you will receive a quality product
- Limited temperature range may be restrictive on the types of substrates you can use with your heat press
- Relatively low, 1200 W heating element may lead to higher wait times while your machine is getting to the desired temperatures
- Potential issues with the build quality (although these are protected by both the F2C and Amazon customer service)
Our Concluding Thoughts about the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press
The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press is a consistently working and well built machine. It offers a lot of functionality, offering a flat heat platen, a curved mug/cup heat platen, two different plate heat platens, and a curved hat/cap heat platen. A newcomer to the dye-sublimation industry can leverage the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press to expand their potential business offerings while simultaneously exploring other substrates to further grow their bloom sublimation business.
The F2C Heat Press comes with some disadvantages, namely their limited temperature range, their relatively weak 1200 W heating element, and their limited size to their heat platens. There are also some questions with regards to their build quality, but with their high quality customer service coupled with the high quality of customer service that Amazon is known for, you can rest assured that you will be protected.
I would highly recommend you explore the F2C Pro 5 in 1 Combo Heat Press as a potential business solution. At a (current) price of less than $260, it is definitely worth checking out!